Keeping your pool clean is as important as the regular addition of chemicals. Debris in the
pool is unsightly, increases sanitizer demand, and may cause staining of the pool liner.
During the swimming season, thoroughly clean your pool at least once a week. To ensure
proper circulation and filtration you should run your system a minimum of 12 hours per day.
1. Maintain a proper water level, which is about 2/3 on skimmer opening. You can lose
up to 3Ħħ of water per week through evaporation, splash outs and back-washing.
2. Skim pool surface with a leaf skimmer as needed.
3. Brush the walls and floor with a proper brush weekly; this will reduce your vacuuming time.
4. Remove any dirt rings from the waterline with tile and vinyl cleaner weekly.
5. Clean out the skimmer basket.
6. Clean out the hair and lint basket. (located at front of pump)
Check the filter pressure and backwash as needed. (When the pressure gauge raises 10 psi
above, or doubles the normal starting pressure.) See your filter operating manual for details.
8. Keep the deck area clean near the pool.
9. Check the hoses and equipment and replace them when needed.
10. Vacuum your pool weekly, or as needed. See Vacuuming for complete instructions.
11. Test your pool water using your test strips 2-3 times per week and follow a regular
chemical treatment program.
2014 Pool Software, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED